Entropy: A measure of disorder. A universally increasing quantity. A fateful quantity, that destroys the dream of a perpetual machine, that dissipates focused energy, that breaks unity into disunity, that dictates the outcome of life, of the world, of the Universe. No engine can defy it. No process can hold it back. No man can stop this arrow of time.
Of time itself.
Sometimes I just wonder how this is made possible. Even the thought of an ever increasing quantity sounds like a daunting illusion. Our body becomes more and more disordered, until our organs malfunction, our systems fail, and we, by fate, are condemned to rot in the soil for an eternity.
The maximization of entropy is inevitable. Any other outcome is infinitesimally improbable compared to the destruction of order. The most ordered, is in fact the disordered: It is the only state we can barely hope (hope, huh? Hope?) to achieve. It is morbid, but it is true. We shall see it.
1. Life and death
Life is ordered. The ordering of living society, the social norms we must abide by. There is no society for the dead. They just rot under their tombstones. Forever.
2. Emotions
Emotions are ordered. Perhaps that is why all I see are emotionless, absolute zero faces everywhere on the street. Entropy has already triumphed.
3. Unison
I give up my expectations to whoever still believes a unison exists. It does not. Entropy has washed it away, like a flood breaking a dam, built with the blood and tears of engineers. All gone.
4. Fate
Chaotic fate. Fate pertains to entropy. Fate dictates what your next action will be, what your brain decides to send forth within your nerves, to your limbs, to your hands. Cry all I like, nothing is going to change because of your petty drops of saline liquid.
5. Games
When games become murderers. This is when entropy wins. This is when I die...
6. War and violence
War exists in history. War exists now. War creates entropy. But entropy catalyzes war. Who knows when we will be struck with violence. Painful or painless, entropy creeps in, and it is the end as we know it.
7. Numbers
One, two, three, four... up to infinity. Numbers seem to be under our control, but we, in fact, are dominated by numbers themselves. We are puppets under these manmade symbols representing nothing. Nothing, but measures of entropy.
8. The mouse
The mouse you see on the street. He needs your help. He is stained with his own blood, from his fight with none other than entropy. He thought there was a meaning. Huh.
9. The Internet
I always imagined when the Internet focused its power, what would happen. Would the Internet take over everyone? Perhaps the Internet would spring up as a new nation on this chaotic planet of ours. If only though.
10. The madman's house
Grey, colourless sort of green, white, the trembling, the cracks, the water stained floor, the humiliation, Capitalism, the transient feeling, of what you call joy. Contrast, it is. Dramatic irony.
∞: Grey-coated angel
You are grey in the exterior. Azure shirt under the grey, red under the azure. Burning red. Searing red. Envious red. Unforgiving red. You are the epitaph of love, of entropy. I betrayed. I don't deserve to exist. I haven't anyway, I haven't anyway.
I am afraid the rest of this "list" is too radical for you, the reader, to read. In fact, what entails is the most mortifying statement of the Second Law of Thermodynamics to ever exist. I fear that you are too weak to bear this fact. Please, please refrain from asking further.
"Press the launch button. Escape now, away from this planet. We still have hope on other planets!"
Fools.