2200. In this midsummer's night, I was half-asleep, half-alive, straddling on the boundary of consciousness. A deathly feeling overcame me, as if the portal to the afterlife, that of headaches and fantasy, had opened. My eyelids felt heavy as ever, lacking any liveliness in that which could be described as life. It is the most morose of them all, this feeling of waking up to darkness, as if one cruel dream is not enough. I lie on my tombstone.
But in the distance I saw light. At the end of the tunnel...
It was piercing, unpleasant, intruding. It yells its brilliance at me, incessantly emitting its blinding brightness. It was yellow, yellow of the gold and fame of the future. You will be a millionaire; you will be forever in power; you shall prove to them you are the tallest of them all! The glow of wealth, the dream of the businessman, the tricks of the actuary, the uncivil engineer... I shall build the empire, with ambition and not procrastination. Not procrastination.
I knew not of the yellow tint, but not much later did I realize the white glow shining through the yellow light. White with passion, with conscience, with compassion, with charity. Be eloquent, be wise, and persuade. Glow in the others' eyes. The yellow light seemed to be supportive of this white aura. In fact, it is the basis of this glow. Why have you not seized me. Why have you procrastinated.
And, shameless at the boundary, was the faint red halo, like a circle of blood for the ritual of witches, the most evil of them all, the most tempting of them all. Come and embrace me, said the crimson ring, and possess me. Come here, and take me in your hands. I am warm. I am yours. Commit your infidel sin! Why are you hesitating!
I felt my soul being dragged out of my very head, onto the floor, slowly creeping for the eerie concoction of light, like a beast preparing for its victim, like a snake crawling to its food. My body was limp, helpless, as I watched my soul get abducted by the node of taint, of the chemistry between evil and ambition, of love, of killing...
0628, the clock strikes, at the strangest time of all. I found myself without a blanket, overslept, with severe headache. The light at my bathroom never got turned off. I sat up, and proceeded to wash my face.
At the bathroom.