And it all will fade to black
Who are you, you who follow me
Whether daylight shines, or moonlight dims
Ever mimicking my actions, my posture
My emotions, my soul.
What a fool you are
To pretend to be someone
Fading.
Did you come from the past
A ghost, to haunt me of my sins
To creep up to my soul and declare war
To disarm me, without any force
What a fool you are
To mimic someone
Fading.
Do you come from the future
To drag me into the twilight
Into the underworld of uncertainty
Into the depths of eternity
I shall be banished
And you, along with me
Shall perish.
Are you me, are you me
Do you feel, do you think
Can you talk, can you hate
Shall you love? Shall you love?
You are none but my puppet
A puppet that controls me
A puppet that turns life astray.
Do you dare look into the mirror
Face yourself, face the light
Face the reflecting persona
I dare you, doppelganger.
You are but an empty me
To assume that I have substance
You are there to mock me
I will dim the lights
Hide indoors, close the curtains
Blind the windows of sight
But you will not go.
You will linger in the pale moonlight
A rectangular projection of limestone
And you will be there, you will be there
Eternally to mock me, to mock me.