Thursday, 12 March 2015

We all bow

"Let us all bow"
To the grey pavement below us
Into the blackness of the shadow we plunge
Until there is light, no more.

I see a red tiger, with all his teeth removed
A bear, being crippled nonetheless
A tree with no leaves, a flower with no petals
Drooping, drowsing
"Let us all bow"
To the undying world of
death below us.

I can see the flow of sludge
An unending stream of twigs and stones
So slow, yet so viscous and inescapable
Purple bubbles of toxin threatening to swallow your mind
"Let us all bow"
To the boundless swamp of
torturing comfort.

I can see the thick silver clouds
Sweeping by, undeterred.
This is the world outside
This is when we stop reaching
"Let us all bow"
To the reality of void
and unfulfilled dreams.

I see a world above
Way above
Unreachable
Even more
"Let us all bow"
To god

To god be
be the

"Let us all bow"
Because it is too difficult to look up
Because we are already ten years behind.

At five o'clock in the morning.